Today I continue my story about our first vacation in Egypt, Sharm el Sheikh.
I’ve chosen this hotel after reading excellent reviews about it everywhere, and was also impressed with its first place in the rating of hotels in Sharm el Sheikh on Tripadvisor.
In the end, to be honest, this hotel has become one of my biggest disappointments!
Reality was quite different than I’ve been expected from reviews and photos.
I have to admit that my parents have liked this hotel more than the Hyatt Regency. So maybe there is a moment of personal preferences and it just not my hotel, so I didn’t like it.
And I will start not in the usual manner, but with the weaknesses of the hotel:
– A lot of very noisy rooms, which are located with a direct view of the pools and the sea. I’ve specifically asked to settle us in a quiet part of the hotel (overlooking the villas or Naama Bay) and I was assured in a letter from the hotel that everything would be as I asked for. As a result, we were given a room with a direct view of the pool, a stage for evening performances. In general, 100% full noise is turned on all day and night 🙁
– not good and tasty food and especially dinner (very little choice of meat, fish, dishes are not tasty, grilled meat is all overdone and burnt). There was nothing really tasty, even the choice of desserts was bad
– the lack of a real beach at the hotel (there is only a platform above the sea, where sand is poured and there are sun beds with a very strong wind all the time)
– very strong wind, because of which it is difficult and cold to swim, dive and sunbathe (the hotel is located on a cliff, so the wind is strong and even a decent heat in September didn’t make it better)
– an obsessive service from staff
– entrance to the sea only from the 2 piers
– not a great location for those who likes to go in Sharm (but hotel transfer is good option for this)
Strengths of the hotel:
– pleasant spacious rooms
– great SPA center with a separate quiet pool, a sauna complex and a steam room
– good pools, especially relax pool, which is closer to the seashore. Because of the strong wind, we’ve mostly settled there and went from there to swim in the sea
– beautiful views of the sea and surroundings
– small but pleasant territory
– interesting buildings of villas, which are located separately from the entire noisy party of the hotel.
The hotel is uniquely interesting, but I will not recommend it, because I didn’t receive the impression that I’ve expected for 🙂