Having met and fell in love with Florence, we went to see my husband’s dream – Rome.
To do this, we again used the services of the Italian railways.
At the station, we’ve already felt ourselves calm and reliable. We’ve quickly found the right path, the right platform, and with pleasure went at high speed to the legendary city.
Choosing a hotel in Rome, this task is clearly not an easy one and is suitable for those who like to delve into them endlessly, choosing the one that is right for you. I gladly plunged into the search for a hotel for 4 nights of our stay in Rome.
Because we arrived at the train station, I’ve decided that the hotel can be booked not very far from it, to quickly get to the hotel on foot and run to get to see the city.
Yes, I’ve read a lot of scary reviews that the area around Termini Station is very bad and you should not choose a hotel there. But I’ve decided that it was important to figure it out myself, and not to trust the “horror stories”. And as it turned out, my choice was very successful.
The district itself near the railway station is not so scary, yes, there were demonstrations in the square not far from it, yes, not very nice people wander in the evenings.
But since I’ve chosen the area a little further from the station, then there I did not find anything terrible and unpleasant.
So, our hotel for exploring Rome is the Leon’s Place Hotel (4 stars).
What we’ve liked:
– location of the hotel is close to the train station and city center with attractions (20-30 minutes on foot)
– updated hotel and rooms
– good breakfasts with a good choice, including porridge and other hot dishes
– quiet in the rooms (which overlook the hotel courtyard)
– a small wellness center with a sauna, a steam room and a jacuzzi
– good value for money
What we did not like:
– dark room in the basement of the hotel for breakfast
– sooo small sauna and relaxation area
– a small size of roomand a bathroom (the smallest of those that we had in Italy)
We’ve especially liked the cafe nearby with a huge number of types of ice cream, which we’ve liked to eat being tired, but happy, after our intense races around the city.
Our trips around Rome deserve a separate story, but I can say that the dream came true and we all really liked it. Everyone found their favorite places, but we did not have time to see much, so we will be happy to return to continue our meeting.