I’ve asked myself this question when I’ve realized that for our annual sea holiday I need to choose a new country.
The answer was a wonderful holiday on the island of Rhodes in July 2011.
I have been looking at Greece for a long time, but I still could not choose where to start.
So Rhodes became the first place we’ve visited in Greece.
I will say right away: we all liked very much our holiday on Rhodes, BUT it was VERY hot, even hotter than later in Egypt.
A very strong hot wind was blowing (like from a hairdryer), the sun was burning and there was a constant feeling that you were cooking on the grill 🙂
From our holiday trip we’ve returned deeply tanned, despite the fact that we tried not to show up from the shadow anywhere: neither on the beach nor on walks.
We were driven around the island, went to its capital, trying to choose a time when it was not so hot and was happy to spend our time there.
Let’s talk about our favorite – our hotels, where we’ve stayed during this holiday.
The first hotel was La Marquise Luxury Resort in Kalithea, near Faliraki.
I’ve chosen this hotel because It was completely new, with interesting architecture and not far from the sea.
What we’ve liked:
– we were upgraded from a regular category of room to a junior suite and the room was excellent: a good size of 45 m2, with a large balcony and a view, located in an adults-only zone, with a huge bathroom, a sofa and a table, a desk
– pleasant hotel architecture with low 2-3-storey buildings
– large territory
– pleasant landscape design (although there was not enough lush vegetation, but having traveled around the island, we’ve realized that it was all with such a beautiful landscapes and incredible sea like in Mama Mia movie 🙂 )
– many pools of different depths
– good breakfast and dinner
– a pleasant restaurant with a large interior space and an open terrace
– good service and cleaning
– nice bars
What we did not like:
– the beach across the street from the hotel looked somehow uncomfortable at all (but an underground passage led to it, which improved the mood). Of course, it was very hard to go to the beach in the heat, and this is a big minus for the hotel
– very noisy and omnipresent public in the hotel (namely guests from Israel)
– food could be more interesting, the choice and the quality of cooking too
The sea at the hotel was pleasant, not very photogenic, but clean and transparent.
In general, this is a nice new hotel with a good territory. I was pleased with my choice.