Well, it’s time to continue. In the first part of my review of the Max Royal Hotel, I talked about the room, and now it’s time to tell you about the most interesting 😁
A lot of legends and myths surround this hotel, especially on the subject of food. So I decided to see for myself whether this item deserves such rave reviews.
I will say right away: rather no than yes. The concept of food itself is great, but the level of preparation is not always good, and not always the same. It’s or good, or mediocre, or not so good at all.
Meals plan include the following options:
1. The main restaurant. Oh. I don’t know how to put it mildly to you. This is huge, incomprehensible, cold and dark, without a view (located on the first floor of the hotel) place. The level of service is not so good.
The choice is large, there is a buffet, but because of the very atmosphere of the restaurant, you don’t want to be there. For the first time, breakfast at a hotel was not a holiday to me. Until you find food for yourself, until you wait for your drinks, then there is absolutely no mood at all.
2. Azure 24 is a good alternative to the main restaurant. This restaurant is located on the 2nd floor of the hotel and has a terrace with good views. True, you can enjoy them if there is no rain, and we were not lucky.
In this restaurant you can eat all day and night, but only on the menu. We love the à la carte food so we were happy.
The choice of meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner is available around the clock. The level of cooking is good, but not great, the presentation is beautiful, and the service is good.
3. A la carte restaurants (Turkish, fish, Italian). These restaurants are open for lunch and dinner (during low season). There are many stories about these restaurants, and most of them are very enthusiastic. And we probably expected more. In general, the level of preparation of dishes on the menu is good but not excellent; the service is also the same.
The fish restaurant disappointed us the most. An every evening there is a fish showcase where you can choose your fish and seafood (fresh, on ice) that will be cooked for you personally. The idea is great, but they don’t know how to cook fish, at all: either half-baked or completely dry.
In general, in terms of cooking, these restaurants do not reach the level of a good restaurant, and certainly worse than the a la carte restaurants of the Turkish competitor hotel LUJO (I wrote about it here).
These restaurants are located a little away from the main hotel building on the way to the beach. It turned out to be a very unfortunate decision for the off-season: when it was windy and raining outside, it seemed not very convenient to go there beautifully dressed, so that’s why your jeans were the main choice, however, like other guests))
4. The confectionery. Oh again. This is a complete mockery of sweet lovers. At first, it’s terrible location on the ground floor of the “mall”, on the aisle and cold, with no cozy place to enjoy your time. Secondly, the choice, yes it is big: a lot of baklava (excellent) and all sorts of pies and cakes that look beautiful, but for some reason tasteless. And for me, as a cake maniac, it was a tragedy.
There is ice cream that the hotel makes itself, and is very proud of it, considering that it is necessary to refuse the contract with my favorite Movenpick ice cream. Well, we did not like this homemade ice cream at all, it is very icy and not tasty.
5. There is a cafe with chocolate and handmade sweets. We don’t like this, so we only came to take pictures)) Although here the place is more comfortable, but there is no one there))
6. There is also a detox cafe with a proper nutrition menu, but we did not go there.
7. And finally, a charming cafe where many types of Movenpick ice cream live 😊
Well, about the second favorite part of the hotel concept – about drinks.
The hotel positions itself as expensive and premium, but the drinks here are not all like that, much to our regret.
We like to drink cocktails in such hotels (this is me) and whiskey (this is my husband). And if the cocktails are excellent, beautiful, served with chips, nuts and fruits, then the situation with whiskey is sad. You will find a large selection of blended whiskeys, but single malt, which my husband loves; there are only a few types, and not the best ones.
With bars in the off-season, the situation is deplorable. There is a bar in the lobby, on the beach, on the first floor of the “shopping center” on the aisle and in the noise, like at the station, and the famous White Horse bar, which is open only in the evenings. It’s more comfortable, but very dark.
It will not be possible to get drinks quickly, it seemed to us that there were not enough waiters and they could not cope with a large number of guests. But we liked the service at the White Horse bar, but probably because we liked to go there when there was no one 🙂
These are our impressions of the food and drinks in this hotel.
Well, be patient a little, this is not my entire review of the hotel.
In the third part, I will write about the infrastructure and territory of the hotel.