Having met last year with Greece and the island of Rhodes, I’ve decided that we should continue our holiday in this country and to know its hotel base more.
So the island of Kos has appeared in front of me with its opportunities of good holiday.
I’ve really liked Kos as small, very quiet and calm island, so pastoral with a beautiful views, the sea for every taste, mountains, lakes, endless sandy and pebble beaches. We’ve found it’s an island for complete relaxation.
The hotel base on the island, despite of its size, is large enough and which is nice for me – there are a lot of new and renovated hotels.
As a result of long searches and pleasant comparisons of hotels, I’ve chosen the two hotels of the same hotel chain in Greece – Blue Lagoon Group (now one of the hotels is in TUI Sensimar group).
This was our first holiday experience in hotels in Greece, which work on the concept of All inclusive.
So, we’ve spent the first week of our holiday in the hotel Oceanis Beach and Spa Resort 4 *. The hotel is located on the coast in the village of Psalidi, near the capital of the island of Kos.
What we’ve liked about the hotel:
– interesting architecture of the hotel buildings with a large number of passes, passages, ladders, elevators (you could play like in labyrinth 🙂 )
– not very big, but a nice green territory
– a very pleasant, albeit small, room with a partial view of the sea, just renovated, with a good bed and an excellent bathroom also with a small balcony. It was nice, but in the evenings noisy from the next animation from the hotel Grecotel Kos Imperial
– a good all inclusive concept with a 3-time meal buffet in the main restaurant, with a tavern on the beach, a place to have pancakes, waffles, and bars in the lobby, on the beach and by the pool
– good quality of food (only desserts were not so good)
– 2 beaches (on the lawn and on the sand)
– clear water in the sea, it is interesting to swim there with a mask
– it is convenient to get to the city (15 minutes by bus) and to the local sight of the thermal springs (20 minutes by bus)
– good service and cleaning
– 2 pools
What we did not like about the hotel:
– not so good alcoholic drinks
– difficult entrance to the sea (pebbles on the beach and slightly larger pebbles at the entrance to the sea) and constant wind, which makes the sea worry, and creates the feeling that it is cool
– full occupancy of the hotel (but the guests had enough places not to bother each other)
Overall, a very pleasant and well managed hotel, which can be recommended for a holiday.