After 1 night at the pleasant Achilleos City Hotel in Larnaca, it was time to move to Limassol to celebrate New Year 2016 there.
We went to Limassol by a very convenient Intercity bus, which takes 1.5 hours and costs 4 eur per person. The stop of such buses is located right on the Finikoudes promenade in Larnaca.
Mediterranean Beach Hotel 4 * is located at the very beginning of Limassol. We asked the bus driver to drop us off near the hotel, so we got there quickly and conveniently.
I have no photos of the hotel, because they were lost along with the phone, so I borrowed the title photo from the hotel website.
We were in the hotel BEFORE its renovation, so I will not mention information about the condition of the rooms and premises, since now in the hotel all rooms have been updated.
What we liked about the hotel:
– located right by the sea
– along the coast there is a long promenade, excellent for walking
– there is an indoor small pool
– small room (25 m), but cozy, there is a set for making tea and coffee
– a good combination of price and quality
What we did not like:
– A LOT of people everywhere, especially at breakfast, which is not surprising, because it was New Year’s holidays
– VERY noisy in inland view rooms. If you do not like noise from the street, then do not take this category of rooms, a very busy road is located right under the windows, and it’s noisy at night too
– a small area and the main pool, which can be a problem for holiday in the high season
– standard and not very tasty breakfasts
– located far from the city center, you can get there on foot, but it takes a very long time, therefore it is better to use a city bus
– no sauna or steam room
A pleasant surprise was the Christmas cake that was waiting for us in the room.
In general, this is a good 4-star hotel, which can be recommended for those who like to spend time by the sea, as well as for those who like long walks around the city.
This was the end of the 2nd episode of our Cypriot series, and we gladly went to Paphos, which I will tell about in one of the following posts.