I continue my series about our hotel trips. As you remember, last time I told you about hotels in Egypt, where we went in 2015. Returning from the trip, I’ve started to plan a new one to celebrate the New Year. And then I remembered Cyprus, where I had wanted to go for a long time.
As I wanted to see everything at once, so I decided to combine in one trip a visit to 3 cities in Cyprus: Larnaca (a plane landed there), Limassol and Paphos. Unfortunately, the photos from this trip were stolen along with the smartphone, I didn’t copy them for myself ((That’s why I took the photo from hotel websites.
And the first hotel for 1 night I chose to stay is the small new 2 star Achilleos City Hotel in Larnaca.
I’ll start with the advantages of the hotel:
– located near the Finikoudes promenade (literally 15 minutes by bus from the airport)
– new hotel and rooms
– a small pleasant terrace for breakfast
– good breakfast with a choice (did not even expect such good breakfast at 2 stars hotel)
– comfortable room of the category grand superior, which consists of a living room, bedroom and bathroom
– funny little plush reception
Cons of the hotel:
– the hotel is located in the yard from the promenade and we could not find it for a long time
– a very small bed in the bedroom (obviously not a double)
– there is no noise isolation from the street (from the early morning all the noise from nearby cafes and other things is heard)
Given that the hotel price was very reasonable, I think the pros outweigh the cons.
I can recommend this hotel to travelers who want to be close to the waterfront but don’t want to pay big money for a hotel in Larnaca.
The whole day we walked around Larnaca (quite a pretty city with a pleasant promenade and endless beaches), after which we went to Limassol from the bus stop, which is located nearby on the promenade.