Well, it’s time to start my story about hotels in our small but very eventful vacation in Turkey in mid-May 2021. I’ll tell you about the road to Turkey a little later, but for now, get acquainted, our first hotel on the trip – Be Premium Bodrum.
The hotel of hard fate, which has changed owners and name several times in recent years, and even with a low rating, attracted me during our first trip to Bodrum in 2017. And now, finally, we came here to look at this golden palace on the mountain, as we called it.
We were greeted warmly, asked to fill out a questionnaire, introduced us to a hotel representative who will be in touch with us in watsapp during our stay at the hotel. He immediately offered us an introductory tour of the hotel on the way to our room. We agreed with pleasure and immediately signed up for the sauna, when on the way we saw our favorite object in any hotel – the SPA.
Even after the first short visit to the hotel in 2017, we realized that the hotel territory is huge and located on a mountain with a fairly large number of stairs, descents and ascents. Therefore, I say right away: if you do not like to walk a lot, you like compact territories, or for health reasons you do not need large spaces and endless walking, then you should not choose this hotel. But if you, like us, love to walk a lot, walk everywhere, wind circles and take tens of thousands of steps a day, then you will really like it here 🙂
And another huge plus is the great beauty around: many very beautiful views of the sea, greenery, mountains, a large number of flowering and pretty plants, a real botanical garden. And it is very pleasant to walk here, endlessly photographing 🙂
The hotel has a huge territory, but over time you get used to it:
– there is a main building where the entrance to the hotel is located, the reception, as well as some of the rooms, the main restaurant, bar, pastry shop
– from it a staircase leads down to the sea, and then an elevator that will take you to the main pool with a bar and a snack restaurant
– a little more descent and you find yourself on the beach, where there is a bar and a pier, and a little to the right another snack restaurant
– from the main staircase go to both sides of the alley, where there are small 2-3-storey buildings with rooms, also villas, a la carte restaurants and a spa with a gym
– down by the sea there are Maldivian villas and suites, large pavilions (for a fee or for free for guests of the villas), and then a separate beach with a restaurant (previously it was intended only for guests of the villas, now the hotel management is planning to make it only for adults, but this information needs to be checked).
Having briefly examined this entire splendor, we arrived at our building, where a superior sea view room was waiting for us.
Initially, I booked the studio sea view room, because I wanted to be in one of the buildings away from the hustle and bustle, but thanks to our great friendship with the hotel representative, Mrs. Jale, we’ve got such a surprise as an upgrade.
The room was on the 2nd floor, with a beautiful view.
The building in which it is located turned out to be one of the most distant, in a very quiet and pretty place, as I asked, but we walked with pleasure, never using the services of buggy cars.
The superior sea view room, which is located mostly in main building, but also in such separate buildings, is quite large and spacious, but at the same time it is not so comfortable:
– a lot of space, but few wardrobes and no dressing room
– no corner with chairs, table
– the bed is located almost opposite the entrance to the room, which means that at night all the light from the corridor enters the room, because there are many cracks at the front door
– the bathroom is literally tiny, and there is not even a bidet
– the balcony is absolutely open, the neighbors will be at arm’s length, and even going out to the balcony, they will see everything that is happening in your room 🙂
At the same time, the advantages of the room are:
– huge balcony with a mosquito net
– the bed is very comfortable with an excellent mattress and linens
– the minibar is well stocked, there is a tea set and a coffee maker
– there is a TV with a bunch of channels
– good curtains, at night it is completely dark in the room
– the room is light, there is enough lighting in the evenings
– good hair dryer and full pack of cosmetics and little things
Having checked in, we went to get around the hotel.
Please read the second part of my review on infrastructure and food later.