Today again is my favorite aviation news. I am very closely following the information coming from airlines during this very difficult time at the end of 2020.
And I was very surprised and delighted to receive a large letter from the CEO of WizzAir – József Váradi.
At first, I decided that the letter would be just another pleasantries and wishes for health, but it turned out that the CEO of WizzAir decided to talk about how the company had been living in recent months.
– carried out several hundred special and cargo flights for the delivery of vital goods and equipment
– strengthened safety and health measures on the company’s flights, having received a certificate from the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
– used 2020 as a time for development and expansion (15 new bases, 280 new routes)
– launches a new joint venture WizzAir Abu Dhabi with an initial fleet of 4 modern A321neo aircraft, thus becoming the first low-cost airline in the region
– during 2020 proved to be one of the most stable companies in the air transportation market
– became the first low-cost airline to receive an award in 2020 for the first time in 46 years of the competition for the airline of the year
I hope that everything will continue to be fine with WizzAir, and we will definitely fly with them soon 🙂